Work with us
- Are you a PR, media or digital media graduate with two to three years’ experience?
- Do you have a passion for the communications industry and a keen interest in ensuring advertising standards are in line with community values?
- Are you digitally savvy with the ability to wordsmith a great yarn across news and social media?
This is a unique opportunity to join Ad Standards, Australia’s independent advertising complaints adjudicator, in a key communications and project support role within a small and dynamic team.
As Ad Standards’ Communications Officer you will help us tell the story of how Australia’s national system of advertising self-regulation works in relation to both community and competitor complaints.
This full-time (37.5 hours per week) opportunity is based in Canberra. The salary range is $70,000-$85,000 inclusive of 9.5% employer superannuation. The package includes flexible work conditions and free parking.
You are a highly motivated communications all-rounder with strong media, social media, research, policy and IT skills. You have the ability to expertly multi-task with initiative, know-how, and a sense of humour.
This diverse role provides the opportunity for you to showcase your written skills producing content across social media, media, newsletters, website and presentations.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including a high standard of writing.
- Communications qualifications with expertise in PR, journalism or digital media with two to three years’ experience (or relevant experience working in a communications role).
- Demonstrated experience producing targeted content across a range of channels.
- Essential ability to juggle priorities, meet deadlines and provide high-level administrative support.
You will pride yourself on your polished and ‘plain English’ writing style and ability to produce quality content to deadline.
1. Download the ‘Duty Statement and Selection Criteria’ below.
2. Please address the Selection Criteria on page 3 of the Duty Statement in one page (max).
3. Please provide two examples of your written, digital media/marketing or campaign work.
4. Please include a resume including the name and contact details of two referees (four pages max).
Only applications that meet these requirements will be acknowledged.
Please send your application by email or post:
Applications close COB Monday 21 October 2019.