Issues highlighted in cases relating to Section 2.7 of the Code that have been considered include:
The Community Panel has recently found one advertisement to breach this section of the Code.
- Television infomercials that do not clearly state that the segment is an advertisement will likely breach this section of the Code.
- Vitaco Health Australia – 0154/18
The Community Panel has dismissed a number of cases under this Section.
- Social media advertising or sponsored content that includes the hashtag and handle of the brand is considered distinguishable to the relevant audience.
- Eco Tan – 0360/17
- Advertorial content that includes ‘this content brought to you by’ does not breach this section of the Code.
- NEDS – 0533/17
- Online game apps identified with the logo of the brand are considered distinguishable to the relevant audience.
- Retail Food Group – 0256/17
- Using a fake newsreader and television station to create a parody differentiates it from a real news broadcast and is likely to be seen as distinguishable advertising.
- Lottoland – 0028/18
See also: Distinguishable advertising